Sunday, February 3, 2008

A sneak preview of my new store!

I'm taking advantage of my time before the big game to build up inventory for the reopening of my etsy store. I'm opening under a new user name since it doesn't match my business name. Oh well. (*Note: I SHOULD be using this time to do homework, but...I'm not...)

Right now I have two skeins of handspun hanging to dry in the kitchen...

This one is a merino/tencel blend, handpainted by fatcatknits.etsy.com, I handspun it into a 2 ply sock weight.

This is a superwash wool/nylon blend, spun into sock weight yarn.

I also have a few skeins of bare Lion Brand wool I picked up. I handpainted this skein with orange and pink. It turned out very nicely variegated, and I just know its going to be fun trying to get accurate color pics.
Then theres my personal knitting. I fell in love with the Bubble Cable Dolman in the Winter 07 Issue of IK. I attempted it a few times, but got completely stuck with trying to maintain the cable pattern while increasing so often. I didn't really like the initial yarn anyway, so it was a good practice run. But I finally found some yarn (recycled from a thrift store sweater) that was perfect for it. So I'm off and running again, and I'm doing a little better this time. Yay!

Well, off to some homework, then nachos and a football game!

No comments: