Thursday, April 26, 2012

 Sometimes, you just gotta take a break from life and lounge around! 
But no lazy day would be complete without some knitting and spinning! (and plenty of Blue's Clues on Netflix)
Izzie will be 1 year old on June 2nd! We can't believe our little bug has been here for almost a year! I'm working on a little redheaded Poppy doll for her birthday. I've been calling her Ruby. I'm considering knitting up a big stockinette swatch with the orange yarn for her hair and then frogging it out so she would have kinky, curly hair as a few others on Ravelry have done.

It means so much to me that I can give her gifts that were made by mom especially for her. I hope these things will be very special to her as she grows older.

I've finally been able to get back into dyeing wool. Some of it is up in my etsy shop, but of course a few braids always get sidetracked to my spinning wheel.

This one was dyed around Easter time. I was feeling the pastels, yo. I always love the novelty yarns plied with thread - it reminds me of Ramen noodles. Unfortunately thread is way more expensive than Ramen!

 And a bright two ply on some Polwarth wool. This one was dyed with the inspiration of Dorothy's slippers on the yellow brick road in the Wizard of Oz, but the red didn't turn out right, more of a coral color. Fire engine red was out of stock the last time I ordered dye, and boy is it hard to get a normal looking red from Fluorescent Fuchsia and Deep Magenta! (Duh! I didn't even realize that I didn't have the fire engine red until I started dyeing this. Oops.)
The next braid ready for my wheel. I just dyed this BFL up on Tuesday night, it was kind of a random application of a bunch of colors I had leftover from some other braids.
Time to get spinning while the wee one naps!

2 comments:

MD NI ASHIK said...

I will really appreciate the writer’s choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. If You Want To Know About Buy votes

MD NI ASHIK said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck. If You Want to Read More About Buy counterfeit money online